Toyota Corolla Pricing, Reviews, and Specifications
Average Toyota Corolla Price: $6,501
Toyota Corolla Model Review
- Reliable engines
- Sturdy build quality
- High value for money
- Performance of early RV models
- Slow acceleration on some all models
- Bland styling on a few generations
The current average price for a Toyota Corolla for sale is $6,501. This has decreased by 2.57% since the previous month.
- Buyers: You can use this average price to figure out if a Toyota Corolla you’re looking at is a good price for you.
- Sellers: You can use this average price to make sure you are setting a competitive price for your Toyota Corolla.
Toyota Corolla cars for sale on Gumtree
Overview, Look, and Feel of the Toyota Corolla
Overview, Look, and Feel of the Toyota Corolla Seca
The Toyota Corolla Seca is the five-door hatch of the Corolla range. With extra luggage capacity and bulletproof engines, the Toyota Corolla Seca is a practical source of transportation. It isn't what you'd call exciting, but the Corolla Seca is sensible and reliable – and that's what most people are looking for in a car.
Introduced in 1983, the Toyota Corolla Seca gave buyers the cargo capacity of a much larger car, without the heavy fuel consumption. Over the years, the Toyota Corolla Seca became more modern, but the styling remained on the conservative side. Competitors like the Ford Focus and Mazda3 offeredd more daring style, but the Toyota Corolla Seca still had a huge following due to its rugged engines and Japanese-spec build quality.
Taking a trip back in time, the second-generation Toyota Corolla Seca was now much more refined than the previous rear-wheel drive model, and featured front-wheel drive, along with a pair of Australian-made twin-cam engines (1.6L and 1.8L). A more powerful 100 kW 1.8L was also available in the top-spec Seca Ultima and Seca RV. The sloping glass hatch made the E90 Toyota Corolla Seca the most attractive model in the Corolla range.
Following the successful E90, the Toyota Corolla Seca was redesigned for 1992 and dubbed the E100. Now larger than the previous model, the Toyota Corolla Seca had a reinforced body structure, and extra soundproofing. This resulted in a much quieter, more refined small hatch. The E110 Toyota Corolla Seca was a lightly refreshed version of the E100, and it continued its affiliation with local assembly at Toyota’s Altona plant, outside of Melbourne. Notable changes to this generation include new front and rear fascia, a new suspension which created a more supple ride, and more confident handling.
The completely redesigned 2002 E120 Toyota Corolla Seca was now larger, quieter, and safer than ever before. The previous top-spec 100kW 1.8L became the standard engine, and the suspension did a better job of smoothing out road imperfections. ABS and electronic brakeforce distribution were also offered on the E120. While the new car was indeed safer and more comfortable, the output of the 1.8L was reduced to 93kW in 2005 in order to meet the tighter Euro IV emission standards.
In 2007, the all-new E140 Toyota Corolla Seca got a brand-new 1.8L which increased power back to 100kW. The standard transmission also gained a gear, becoming a 6-speed manual. A 4-speed automatic continued to be offered, along with a host of new kit like satnav, parking sensors, and 5 additional airbags. ABS with electronic brakeforce distribution also became standard, along with air-conditioning and electric windows.
Toyota Corolla Engine Specs and Performance
Toyota Corolla Seca Engine Specs and Performance
The Toyota Corolla Seca has always been powered by a reliable engine. Toyota knows how to build a sturdy vehicle. While they might not be very powerful, the engines used in the Toyota Corolla Seca are known to last for several hundred thousand kilometres. There have been different engine sizes over the years, from 1.3L, to the more recent 1.8L with variable valve timing (VVT-i). A few diesels have even been offered over the years.
Fuel efficiency has always been a trait of the Toyota Corolla Seca. Early versions averaged 7.7L/100km, and more recent versions managed a similar 7.9L/100km. Power is considerably higher in the modern versions though – 100kW versus 51kW in 1983.
Standard Equipment and Options for the Toyota Corolla
Standard Equipment and Options for the Toyota Corolla Seca
Early versions of the Toyota Corolla Seca were pretty basic, but later versions had more available equipment. The 2006 to 2010 Toyota Corolla Seca came with air-conditioning, power front windows, and remote central locking as standard kit. More equipment was available on higher-trim Corolla hatch models, as the Seca name had been relegated to the name of the base trim model.
Neither the petrol-powered 2006 to 2010 Toyota Corolla Seca nor any previous version sold here were ever fitted with standard electronic stability control. The safety system came standard on the diesel model, but it wasn't available on petrol cars. Toyota finally decided to include it on all post-2010 models.
Toyota Corolla' Competition
Toyota Corolla Seca's Competition
The hatchback market has always had a nice assortment of cars from which to choose, from inexpensive Protons to the fussy Peugeot 308 to the popular and well-made Ford Focus. No matter what your taste or budget, there's a hatchback to suit you. If you have practical taste, the Toyota Corolla Seca is the one to look at.
- Average Distance: 28000 km
- Body Type: 5D Hatchback
- Country Of Origin: Japan
- Compliance Plate Location: Upper Pass Side C-Pillar
- Release Date: 01/10/2012
Dimensions & Weights
- Vehicles Length: 4275 mm
- Vehicle Width: 1760 mm
- Vehicles Height: 1460 mm
- Ground Clearance: 140 mm
- Track Front: 1525 mm
- Track Rear: 1525 mm
- Wheelbase: 2600 mm
- Turning Circle: 10.4 m
- No of Doors: 5
- No of Seats: 5
- Kerb Weight: 1310 kg
- Towing Capacity: 1300 kg
- Towing Capacity Braked: 1300 kg
- Towing Capacity Unbraked: 450 kg
Engine & Performance
- Engine Type: Multi Point F/Inj
- Bore Stroke: 80.5x88.3
- Cylinder Configuration: Inline 4
- Cylinder Compression Ratio: 10.0
- Engine Capacity CC: 1798 cc
- Engine Capacity Litres: 1.8L
- Power: 103kW @ 6400rpm
- Torque: 173Nm @ 4000rpm
- No. Of Valves: 16
- Valve Gear: Variable Double Overhead Cam
Fuel & Emissions
- CO2 Emissions: 166
- Air pollution Rating: 8.5
- Fuel Consumption City: 7.1
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 50 L
- Fuel Type: Unleaded Petrol
- Green House Rating: 7
- Green Vehicle Guide Rating: 4.5
Servicing & Warranty
- Service KMs: 10000 km
- Service Months: 6
- Warranty KMs: 100000 km
- Warranty Months: 36
Transmission & Steering
- Driven Wheels: Front Wheel Drive
- Gear ratio: 4.562
- Brake Front: Disc - Ventilated
- Brake Rear: Disc
- Rim Size: 6.5 in
- Rim Width: 6.5 in
- Suspension Front: Anti roll bar, Coil Spring, Gas damper, MacPherson strut
- Suspension Rear: Coil Spring, Gas damper, Torsion bar
- Transmission type: 6 SP Manual
- Steering Mechanism: Rack & Pinion - Power Assisted
- Tyre Front: 205/55 R16
- Tyre Rear: 205/55 R16
- Rim Size Front: 6.5x16 in
- Rim Size Rear: 6.5x16 in
- Dual Front Airbag Package
- Airbag Knee Driver
- Anti-lock Braking
- Air Conditioning
- 16 Inch Alloy Wheels
- Brake Assist
- Cruise Control
- Central Locking Remote Control
- Cloth Trim
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Electronic Stability Program
- Fog Lights - Front
- Head Airbags
- Engine Immobiliser
- Mobile Phone Connectivity
- Power Mirrors With Indicators & Folding
- Power Steering
- Power Windows
- Radio CD with 6 Speakers
- Rear Spoiler
- Reversing Camera
- Seatbelts - Pre-tensioners Front Seats
- Side Front Air Bags
- Trip Computer
- Traction Control System
**These car model details represent the most recent manufactured version of the vehicle. Visit an individual listing page to see specifications specific to the vehicle model and year.
Average Price By Year
This chart shows the average price per year for a Toyota Corolla. There is a lot to learn from the price of a car per year! For example:
- What is the best year to buy a Toyota Corolla? If you are looking to buy a Toyota Corolla, you can see which years hold their value the best. Check out the Dark Green Bar to see the Gumtree Recommended Year to Buy for a Toyota Corolla.
- When should I sell my used Toyota Corolla? If you want to sell your car, this chart makes it easy to see what your Toyota Corolla car is worth right now, compared to other years.
Average Price By Kilometers
This chart shows the average price by mileage for the Toyota Corolla based on kilometers of the car.
- How many kms are too many on a used Toyota Corolla? Use this chart to see the average price for a Toyota Corolla depending on the kms driven, and decide which price and mileage combination works for you.
Number of ads by Fuel Type
This chart shows the number of ads for a Toyota Corolla for sale per fuel type listed on Gumtree. If you’re looking to specifically find a diesel or petrol Toyota Corolla car, you’ll know what the availability is of each type so you can make your decision.
Number of ads by Colour
This chart shows the number of ads in each colour for a Toyota Corolla car for sale listed on Gumtree. Here you can see how many Toyota Corolla cars there are in your dream colour, and get exactly the car you want!
Search For More Cars
Car models with Similar Price