- Date Listed:
- Last Edited:
- Listing Type:
What do you want in a log splitter? If you want to spend 1200 on a cheap machine we DON'T sell them! But, if you want a professionally built machine that will split the toughest wood year after year without bending or breaking anything we have the right gear for you.
Why does a good log splitter cost more?
1. you get what you pay for. Cheap machines are made to a price, usually from mild steel of questionable quality. Ours are manufactured in CANADA from the best quality low carbon Canadian steel, using good quality pumps, valves, hydraulic cylinders, and either Honda, Subaru Robin, or Kohler motors.
2. Cycle times. Why don't all these fancy ebay ads tell you the cycle time of their splitters? Because most are as slow as a wet week, as much as 25 seconds or more! Ours are around 6 - 13 seconds, day in day out, and that includes two splits!
3. Nearly all splitters cut one way, then you have to wait while the cylinder is retracting to make the next split. Ours splits both on the forward and reverse strokes, so you will split 2 - 4 times as much wood in the same time.
4. Most other splitters have a square stop that the wood is split against and often the splitting wedge is shaped like a manual block splitter. Ours has a vee shaped end stop at each end, which causes the wood to bend like a hinge, and is around 35% more efficent than a square stop!
5. A square stop and a blunt wedge will cause the pressure to build up in the log until it splits, or jumps out of the splitter, hopefully missing the operator! A vee shaped end stop combined with a knife like sharp wedge lets the wood split far more easily, and it doesn't jump out half way!
6. There are other advantages, like full 1 year warranty, 2/3 year warranty on motors, tractor tpl models, 4 way wedges, hydraulic log lifters....... ring or email us for a brochure to see the full range. We have splitters in stock in Hobart, with free freight statewide! See the Split-Fire range working at www.split-fire.com
7. We also have a 7x4' King steel trailer fitted with a 2203 log splitter and a power pack consisting of a 7 hp Kohler motor driving a 10 gpm pump with its own 23 litre hydraulic tank and return line spin on filter. The complete set up with registered trailer is $4790. The 2203 can be replaced by models 3203 or 3403 if you need a larger splitter.
Demonstrated at Henty NSW, 17, 18, 19 Sept, site 65, And at Elmore VIC on the TNN site 51, 1,2,3 Oct.
See us at the Huon Show on 16 Nov 13.
Don't take our word for it, ask for a Split-Fire owner's phone number and ask them what they think of their machine!