Alfa Romeo 147 pricing, reviews, and specifications
Average Alfa Romeo 147 price: $3,900
Alfa Romeo 147 model review
- Stylish lines
- Agile handling
- Spritely engines
- Comfortable ride
- Poor residuals
- Tight fit in the back seats
The current average price for a Alfa Romeo 147 for sale is $3,900. This has increased by 8.96% since the previous month.
- Buyers: You can use this average price to figure out if a Alfa Romeo 147 you’re looking at is a good price for you.
- Sellers: You can use this average price to make sure you’re setting a competitive price for your Alfa Romeo 147.
Alfa Romeo 147 cars for sale on Gumtree
Overview, look, and feel of the Alfa Romeo 147
Overview, Look, and Feel of the Alfa Romeo 147
The Alfa Romeo 147, a three- or five-door hatch, small family car first came into production in 2000 after the Turin Motor Show, and the last model hit the showrooms in 2010. Being an Italian car, it naturally had poise and elegance, and even later facelifts still kept the cars graceful looks. However, eventually a newer model came along in the guise of the young Giulietta and replaced it.
The updates that were implemented did not alter the 147's striking looks and saw it sporting a larger iconic Alfa grille and badge, luscious long headlights, and a tall reworking of the rear light rig. Throughout its 10 years, the Alfa 147 was not radically changed, mainly just tweaked, managing to keep its style and road-hugging performance.
The interior does not disappoint either, with soft touch leather finish, 3-spoke raking steering wheel, and an interesting dashboard design. The rear bench splits 60/40 to give a decent-size cargo area, and there is plenty of easy access through the rear hatch.
Alfa Romeo 147 engine specs and performance
Alfa Romeo 147 Engine Specs and Performance
Under the bonnet, there is the choice of two engines: the 2.0L petrol that produces 110kW of power and 181Nm of torque or the 1.9L JTD diesel. The diesel also puts out 110kW of power, but its torque ratio at 305Nm is considerably better. Despite the ageing petrol engine it still has quite a skip in it and purrs contentedly at the lights. The diesel with the extra torque can, when required, produce the necessary acceleration and goes from 0-100km in 8.5 seconds.
The petrol engine is linked to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox, while the diesel only comes with the 6-speed automatic option. All this combines to produce a really comfortable ride and, despite the roaring engine, the cabin is still surprisingly quiet although somewhat bouncy over rough, badly kept roads. In terms of keeping all occupants safe, Alfa has definitely produced the goods, and the 147 comes with 6 airbags, along with anti-lock brakes, electronic brakeforce distribution, electronic stability control, and traction control, all designed to keep the car on the road.
The car’s performance was such that during its early years, it competed in a number of World Touring Car Championships. The specially adapted vehicle fitted with a 2.0L twin spark engine won in 2005 and came third in the British Touring Car Championship in 2001. Proving that the car was more than capable of producing the goods on the track.
Standard equipment and options for the Alfa Romeo 147
Standard Equipment and Options for the Alfa Romeo 147
There are a number of trim levels, but the standard trim across the range comes with alloy wheels, CD system, climate control, cruise control, electric, heated mirrors, height adjustable driver’s seat, PAS, remote locking, and a raking, reach steering wheel. Depending on the trim you select, there is also the choice of parking sensors, leather upholstery, heated seats, headlight washers, and luxurious sports seats.
No matter which trim you choose, the interior is well thought out, and the driving position and ease with which you can reach the controls makes it a joy behind the wheel. There is plenty of headroom and legroom up front, but the rear seats can feel a little tight, especially on long journeys.
Alfa Romeo 147's competition
Alfa Romeo 147's Competition
The Alfa Romeo 147 is one of the most stylish looking cars in its class, and even 12 years after the design first hit the showrooms, it is still a smart-looking car. A few years down the line, this is one that is destined to become a classic car in its own right.
The elegant Italian looker finds itself pitted against the old faithfuls in the class that are still going strong. The Volkswagen Golf, Mazda 3, Mini Cooper, BMW 1-series, Audi A3, Volvo C30, Lexus CT200h, and Toyota Prius III are all quoted in the same breath as the 147, but the Alfa will always edge on appearance. Competition is stiffer on performance and price, as there are those better positioned in the small family car category.
There is always talk of reliability issues with Italian cars, but if any car is well maintained and looked after, chances are it will be a good runner. The concerns raised are largely historical, and the current crop of Alfas is built to the same reliability and quality standards as their rivals. Residual values are not great, so that means you will be able to pick up a second-hand one up at a reasonable price.
- Average Distance: 95000 km
- Body Type: 5D Hatchback
- Country Of Origin: Italy
- Compliance Plate Location: Driver Side Inner Guard
- Release Date: 01/07/2009
Dimensions & Weights
- Vehicles Length: 4223 mm
- Vehicle Width: 1729 mm
- Vehicles Height: 1442 mm
- Ground Clearance: 113 mm
- Track Front: 1512 mm
- Track Rear: 1509 mm
- Wheelbase: 2546 mm
- Turning Circle: 11.5 m
- No of Doors: 5
- No of Seats: 5
- Gross Vehicle Mass: 1790 kg
- Kerb Weight: 1270 kg
- Vehicle's Payload Capacity: 520 kg
- Towing Capacity: 1300 kg
- Towing Capacity Braked: 1300 kg
- Towing Capacity Unbraked: 400 kg
Engine & Performance
- Engine Type: Multi Point F/Inj
- Bore Stroke: 83x91
- Cylinder Configuration: Inline 4
- Cylinder Compression Ratio: 10.0
- Engine Capacity CC: 1970 cc
- Engine Capacity Litres: 2.0L
- Power: 110kW @ 6300rpm
- Torque: 181Nm @ 3800rpm
- No. Of Valves: 16
- Valve Gear: Variable Double Overhead Cam
Fuel & Emissions
- CO2 Emissions: 211
- Air pollution Rating: 6.5
- Fuel Consumption City: 8.9
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 60 L
- Fuel Type: Premium Unleaded Petrol
- Green House Rating: 6
- Green Vehicle Guide Rating: 3.5
Servicing & Warranty
- Service KMs: 20000 km
- Service Months: 12
- Warranty KMs: 100000 km
- Warranty Months: 36
Transmission & Steering
- Driven Wheels: Front Wheel Drive
- Gear ratio: 3.353
- Brake Front: Disc - Ventilated
- Brake Rear: Disc
- Rim Size: 7 in
- Rim Width: 7 in
- Suspension Front: Anti roll bar, Coil Spring, Double wishbone, Independent
- Suspension Rear: Anti roll bar, Coil Spring, Independent, MacPherson strut
- Transmission type: 5 SP Auto Selespeed
- Steering Mechanism: Rack & Pinion - Power Assisted
- Tyre Front: 215/45 R17
- Tyre Rear: 215/45 R17
- Rim Size Front: 7x17 in
- Rim Size Rear: 7x17 in
- Dual Front Airbag Package
- Anti-lock Braking
- Airbag - Window
- Auto Climate Control with Dual Temp Zones
- 17 Inch Alloy Wheels
- Cruise Control
- Central Locking Remote Control
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Fog Lights - Front
- Engine Immobiliser
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Power Mirrors
- Power Steering
- Power Windows Front
- Radio CD with 8 Speakers
- Side Airbags
- Seatbelts - Pre-tensioners Front Seats
- Sport Seats
- Trip Computer
- Traction Control System
- Vehicle Stability Control
**These car model details represent the most recent manufactured version of the vehicle. Visit an individual listing page to see specifications specific to the vehicle model and year.
Average price by year
This chart shows the average price per year for a Alfa Romeo 147. There is a lot to learn from the price of a car per year! For example:
- What is the best year to buy a Alfa Romeo 147? If you’re looking to buy a Alfa Romeo 147, you can see which years hold their value the best. Check out the dark blue bar to see the Gumtree recommended year to buy for a Alfa Romeo 147.
- When should I sell my used Alfa Romeo 147? If you want to sell your car, this chart makes it easy to see what your Alfa Romeo 147 car is worth right now, compared to other years.
Average price by kilometres
This chart shows the average price by kilometres for the Alfa Romeo 147 based on kilometres of the car.
- How many kilometres are too many on a used Alfa Romeo 147? Use this chart to see the average price for a Alfa Romeo 147 depending on the kilometres driven, and decide which price and kilometre combination works for you.
Number of ads by fuel type
This chart shows the number of ads for a Alfa Romeo 147 for sale per fuel type listed on Gumtree. If you’re looking to specifically find a diesel or petrol Alfa Romeo 147 car, you’ll know what the availability is of each type so you can make your decision.
Number of ads by colour
This chart shows the number of ads in each colour for a Alfa Romeo 147 car for sale listed on Gumtree. Here you can see how many Alfa Romeo 147 cars there are in your dream colour, and get exactly the car you want!
Search for more Cars
Car models with similar price