The Australian Native Bee Book: Keeping Stingless Bee Hives
Keeping stingless bees and hives for pets, pollination and sugarbag honey
By Tim Heard
Keeping native stingless bees is a hot topic in Australia for commercial, environmental and recreational reasons.
You can do something about the decline of pollinators by conserving native bees.
In this book you’ll find the complete guide to native stingless bees, written by an expert who has spent his lifetime intimately engaged with these unique creatures.
Whether you keep a hive or two in your suburban garden, or want to use multiple hives on a commercial farm, this friendly guide has you covered.
Inside you’ll find the complete guide to native stingless bees, including:
• Bee biology, behaviour, nesting, social life and foraging
• How to build your own native bee hive
• How to transfer a bee colony to a hive box and propagate hives
• All about sugarbag honey, including how to extract it from hives
• Managing your hive
• Identifying and dealing with pests
• Using stingless bees for pollination — from small gardens to commercial crops
• A complete list of Australia’s stingless bee species, how to identify them, their characteristics, where they occur, and recommended hives
• A readable summary of the latest research on native bees
• Richly illustrated with over 500 photos, drawings and charts
Tetragonula carbonaria previously Trigona carbonaria
Please view my other listings for Native Bee Hives
- Date Listed:23/02/2019
- Last Edited:04/03/2019
Australian natives and exotics
Australian native orchids
I Can Read Level 2 *Bee Movie-The Honey Disaster*
Little Bee by Chris Cleave ***Excellent condition p/back copy
Tasmanian Native Bush
The magic Pudding Australian story vintage children’s book
Native tongue striptease book
The Australian Women’s Weekly - Food we live
Collins concise dictionary - win the Spelling Bee!!
Australian Sea Life Books