93 Landcruiser Sahara VX Hdj80 1HDT Diesel 4WD 8 Seat 80 series
I know how much time, effort and money goes into building up and bringing a $12,000 - $14,000 Sahara back to life, as this car was one of them 12 months ago. I've owned another 80 series Turbo Diesel Sahara for over 20 years now (Still have it) and I probably know as much about these vehicles as any of the specialist out there. This car has a few nice 80 series mods to it, and the new buyer will benefit from that 20 years experience.
If your are think about touring outback Australia and want to get into some rough areas, you can't beat the Landcruiser 80 Sahara's as they were the LAST REAL 4wd Landcruiser Sahara's made with a live front axle. The 100 and 200 series Sahara make nice shopping vehicles but won't go anywhere near the places the 80 series Sahara will go. There's not a lot of these left now and unlike the 100 and 200 series Sahara's, prices for these old girls are becoming collectable and prices have been steadily rising. You can tell your other half that you have bought an appreciating asset. This one is insured for $32K.
With the intercooler, 3" exhaust, billet turbo running 16 psi boost and some adjustment of the pump, this 4wd is a great tow vehicle and fun to drive. The turbo produces it boost at very low rpm, so the car is great when driving in the bush and towing. The power is very smooth and it will embarrass the 1HD-FTE's and single turbo V8 cruisers.
It has not been built as a race car, but to make it a much more pleasant vehicle to drive. The 1HDT engines were originally made as Yenmar marine engines, where they were tuned to put out twice the power of what Toyota did with their 1HDT.
Recent engine work carried
• Big end bearings were changed a few years ago
• Low km fuel injector pump and injectors recently fitted
• New timing belt and tensioner last week.
• New Radiator
• New fan belts
• New glow plugs
• New high flow turbo charger
• Top mount intercooler and bonnet scoop to keep things cool
• New electronic boost pressure controller
• New digital Boost and EGT gauge Extras
• New rear steel bar with twin wheel carrier (set up for desert trip)
• New remote controlled 12000 lb winch
• New snorkel • IPF extreme driving lights
• Twin batteries
• TJM alloy bulbar
• TJM roof rack
• Low km Mickey Thompson ATZ tyres approx 15,000 km's ago.
• Low km spare wheel now fitted (Sahara alloy mag)
• Old man emu heavy duty springs and shocks with 2” lift
• 3” exhaust with EGT probe fitted
• UHF radio
• Cruise control
• Cold air conditioning (Climate control)
• Centre fridge (required plumbing pipe to be refitted – pipe has been bought and is included)
• The vehicle comes with ACT registration to April 2019
• Main fuel tanks plus additional sub tank standard on Sahara’s gives approx 150 l and a range in excess of 1000 km’s without filling up
• Great family car with 8 adult weight rated seats
Any questions please call Paul 0 4 7 9 0 0 7 5 0 6
While the car is in good condition for it’s age and looks great and inspection is highly recommended.
Note: Seller has the right to withdraw listing at anytime as the vehicle is advertised on other sites. Payment to made by cash, bank cheque or EFT to approved buyers.
Excellent condition Land Crusier Prado VX
Toyota Landcruiser Kakadu 100 Series
96 80 series land cruiser
Toyota Land Cruiser Prado GRANDE VX (1999)
wrecking 2001 hzj79 series landcruiser
1998 Toyota Landcruiser GXL 105 series
LandCruiser 80 Series Twin Locked
Toyota Land Cruiser
Toyota prado 3.0 diesel
Toyota Prado 2007 Turbo Diesel D4D