For Sale 2008 Model Ducati Monster S4R 1000.  Testastretta
Unfortunately I have a workplace back injury and need to sell the bike so I don't get out and ride to aggrevate my sore back. Then have a break without a bike. I won't be able to keep this one in the Garage and not ride it. I don't want to sell it.
I'm only the second owner and the first owner used it as a commuter in Brisbane. I've owned it since Nov 2014 and both owners have been fastidious Ducati enthusiasts. The bike rides like new. It's never been on a race track or dropped. It's had nothing but respect. Always garaged.
This is a perfect time to buy this bike as I have just had the 36,000km service completed at Caloundra Motorcyle Centre whom are Ducati trained mechanics.
36,000km service included the following;
* Flushed and replaced brake fluids
* Flushed and replaced clutch fluid
* Replaced Engine oil and filter
* Replaced Engine oil drain plug and washer
* Checked and cleaned Engine oil pick up filter
* Flushed and replaced Engine Coolant
* Checked and cleaned spark plugs [replaced at 24,000km]
* Checked and cleaned Engine Air Filter [replaced at 24,000km]
* REPLACED TIMING BELTS
* Checked valve clearances
* Checked clutch pack and basket.
* Carried out Fork Service, replacing oil and seal kit.
* Reset ECU to factory settings
Performed and checked all other Service tasks requested according to the Ducati 2008 Monster S4R 1000 Owners Manual.
I have reciepts for all this 36,000 km service works at a total cost of $1071.23
Also a few months ago around 34,000kms I had the following works done at Caloundra Motorcycle Centre;
* Replace rear Brake pads
* Replace Ducati Front Sprocket
* Replace / install new Quality Gold Chain, TSUBAKI 525 x 125 Super X-Ring
* New Front Tyre, Michellan Road 5 120/70-17
* New Rear Tyre, Michelan Road 5 180/55-17
Total cost $800, I have the reciepts for work done.
And I installed a brand new Battery on 29-5-18 so that is still in warranty.
The rego is paid up until 08/12/19.
I have all the servicing records from new and the last owner and all expences since I have had it including the 12,000 and 24,000 service. The Ducati service manual booklet is completed up to date.
So I have spent around $2000 on this bike recently / in the last few months and it is ready to ride with no futher costs expected until the next service at 48,000kms.
It's a great looking and sounding Ducati that truly does feel and ride like a new bike. It's got some serious punch. It has a digital time clock on the dash which is handy.
I have left it stock standard except for doing the following improvements;
* Installed soft grip slip ons over the handle grips.
* Installed a ProGrip Tank Protector that matches the seat and suits the bike.
* Replaced original clutch cylinder with a generic softer clutch cylinder [have original]
* Installed black industrial protective mesh on the radiator and oil cooler. It also looks a lot better than it did with out it.
* Removed the passenger pegs for single seat rego. The pegs will come with the bike. i can re-install if you like.
* Installed Handle Bar Risers ar $90 a set. This improved the riding position and are a nice looking black powder coated set, not the cheap ones.
* Installed Highest Quality Automotive Heat Resistant protective material on the underside of the seat to prevent the Ducati Hot Seat situation. It has made a massive difference.
The original service manual and booklets will come with the bike including the original spare black key and original red key with code.
Was listed for sale at $12,500. Now $12,000.
Any questions call me, come and check it out.
- Date Listed:10/05/2019
- Last Edited:17 hours ago
- Learner Approved:No
- Bike Type:Road
- Listing Type:Private seller
- Displacement (cc):998
- Model:Monster S4R
- Registration Number:940DX
- Bike Sub-Type:Sport Touring
2005 Ducati Monster
Ducati 400 monster
DUCATI 959 PANIGALE
2014 Ducati Diavel
1998 Ducati Monster 600CC 583cc
1995 Ducati SuperLight 900SL
1977 Ducati GTL500 not 860GT
Swap or trade