30/15um Sandblasting Abrasive Glass Grit Media 25kg
abrasive that substitutes for slag and mineral abrasives. It contains no heavy metals, no free silica, and is therefore great for sand blasting projects where it is impractical to recover lost or spilled, spent abrasive.
Crushed glass offers significant cost savings over using plastic beads, soda blast, and glass beads. Because it is more aggressive, it is able to remove corrosion and tougher coatings that other medias cannot. Glass blasting grit is very economical, available in a variety of grit sizes.
• Super Fine 30/15 - Is great for powder coating and auto restoration. For use on substrates where minimal etching and profiling is preferred, such as aluminium or fibreglass. Great for graffiti and soft metals as well as tile and brick.
Lead Time: Generally in stock and available to ship without delay.
Safety: MSDS available on request.
It is recommend to use at 60-80 PSI for best results and increased energy savings (unless you are blasting aluminium or other soft surfaces.)
** The thinner the abrasive to air mixture, the higher your rate of production will be. Be stingy, meter the abrasive back until you can no longer see it in the air stream. This may sound counter-intuitive, but glass blasting is different from heavier abrasives.
Benefits of Glass Blast:
• Efficiently Cleans steel, aluminium, wood, concrete, stone, fibreglass
• Glass Blast will leave a clean, bright finish to metal surfaces
• Excellent for achieving an aggressive profile for coatings, including cathodic protection and overlay performance
• Glass delivers very low particle embedment (less than 2%) which produces a whiter (SP-10) finish to the substrate.
• Lighter weight than most abrasives. Contractors report back that they use at least 25% less abrasive (some say up to 50% less) when using glass as compared to mineral slag.
• SAFE - no free silica, is chemically inert and non toxic.
• Inert - can use it around water
• Mohs Hardness of 6.0 - similar to slag.
• Superior rust-back performance when compared with mineral/slag abrasives.
• Contains No Beryllium like a mineral slag.
• Great for thick, softer coatings because it is a lighter weight abrasive. It does not "bounce" back off the surface. It cuts it like a knife.
• Great for concrete and leaves no residue, discoloration, no ferrous impingement, etc.
• Excellent replacement for soda blasting due to its lower cost and it will not leave a PH imbalance on the substrate (which often requires a PH wash solution so that the paint will adhere). Glass will also cut through rust, and soda blast will not.
• Shall we say it again? It is a GREEN abrasive! 100% recycled glass.
25kg bags @ $18.50 each, incl gst
1 Pallet @ 1 ton ( 40 x 25 kg bags ) - $550, plus gst
1t Bulk Bag @ $480, plus gst
1.5t Bulk Bag @ $720, plus gst
Cash and Card Accepted. Opening hours are from 6.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday and by appointment only on Saturdays.
Address: 5 Antimony Street, Carole Park 4300
- Date Listed:18/01/2018
- Last Edited:13/10/2019
Yamaha bike parts 5um-83975-00-ad
Ford Focus Genuine Steering Wheel Media Gateway Module Switch New
Yamaha WR 250 , WR 450 bike parts 5um-22199-E0
New Cartage Tank 1000 litres
NEW 110 litre Water Tank
2018 Toyota Hilux seat covers
Fire Extinguisher Dry Powder 1KG
Vehicle support stand 3000 kg
25 inch led light bar
Hyundai I30-I30CW Genuine drivers inner door handle new