We are seeking a Cook and Chef with at least 2 years’ experience.
Cook Tasks Include:
1. Examining foodstuffs to ensure quality
2. Regulating temperatures of ovens, grills and other cooking
3. Equipment preparing and cooking food
4. Seasoning food during cooking
5. Portioning food, placing it on plates, and adding gravies, sauces and garnishes
6. Storing food in temperature controlled facilities
7. Preparing food to meet special dietary requirements
8. May plan menus and estimate food requirements
9. May train other kitchen staff and apprentices
Chef Tasks include:
1. Planning menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies
2. Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
3. Discussing food preparation issues with Managers, Dietitians and kitchen and waiting staff
4. Demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures
5. Preparing and cooking food
6. Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations
7. May select and train staff
8. May freeze and preserve foods
It will be desirable if you have a Certificate III, IV in Commercial Cookery and/or Diploma Level Qualifications.
We can sponsor the right person, but you MUST already be in Australia.
If you are interested or this sounds like you, please don’t hesitate to apply!
- Date Listed:4 hours ago
- Last Edited:4 hours ago
- Salary Type:Annual Salary Package
- Advertised By:Private
- Job Type:Full-time