Event Management: An Asian
Author : Glenn McCartney
Publisher : McGraw-Hill Education (Asia), 2010
Length : 447 pages
Condition : 99.9% New
Format : Paperback. Colour pages inside
ISBN : 0071272151, 9780071272155
Retail Price : $177.95 (AUD)
The spectacular opening and closing ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics in 2008, which had lasting impression on many, was one of the most recent testaments to Asia's emergence on the world stage and to its ability to successfully plan and host even the largest of events. Rich in resources, Asia is now a major global participant in issues of economic, trade and tourism development, and this has seen a corresponding surge in the staging of events - economic forums, trade shows, product launches or tourism events.
Conceptualised and written by tourism consultant and researcher Glenn McCartney for undergraduate tourism and hospitality students as well as for event practitioners, Events Management: An Asian Perspective explores the development, range, objectives and issues of business and leisure events and event planning in Asia.
· Eleven engaging chapters discussing the various aspects of managing events in Asia, ranging from events management trends and events tourism in the region, to concepts planning, logistics management, and marketing communication efforts.
· Chapter-opening interviews with industry experts, including HRH Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah (Olympic Council of Asia), Michael Maddess (Action Asia Challenge), and Gerry Armstrong (ESPN).
· Focus features, interspersed throughout each chapter, direct students' attention to events of interest.
· Case studies centred around exciting major events in Asia, such as the MTV Asia Awards, F1 Malaysia, Hong Kong Rugby Sevens, AXN Xtreme Macau Tower, and
· Sapporo Snow Festival in Japan
Closing Appendix reveals behind-the-scene perspectives on staging a Linkin Park concert in Asia. (Description from Amazon.com)
Cash and pick up ONLY @ the Chatswood Station
(please email for day & time arrangement)
- Date Listed:11/08/2018
- Last Edited:11/08/2018
Strategic Management- An Integrated Approach
Festival & special event management textbook
Management Accounting 6th edition
Managing & Organisations An Introduction into Theory & Practice
International Financial Management 3rd - Eun Resnick
Accounting for Hospitality Managers: 4th edition
An Imaginary Life, David Malouf
MMAN4400 Engineering Management Textbook Essential for UNSW Students
Management Accounting: Information for Creating and Managing Value
Event Management Textbook by Allen, O'Toole, Harris & McDonnell