1953 Pontiac Cheiftain
239ci sidevalve straight six with 3 speed manual transmission. These were a big step ahead of many other makes of the time with an x frame and excellent cooling and oiling for the engine marketed as being able to do more than 100 thousand miles without a major service. Meticulously restored over a 3 year period. Everything in this car has been restored or replaced. Every bit of rust has been cut out and replaced with metal with photos to show the process. Every single panel inside and out including floors and frame have been rustproofed. It has 2 pac paint in original colours inside and out with metal fleck in the roof which was also a factory option. After painting it was wet sanded and buffed to give it an outstanding shine and paint protected. It has been lowered a few inches all around and drives fantastic. Full reupholstered interior to a very high standard. There is nothing to be done just drive. I have a mountain of receipts for all the work done. This includes:
- Complete rewire of all electrics in 6 volt including led lamps and brake lights which are a massive improvement over stock. Also has an auxiliary electric fuel pump to assist with priming the fuel system
- Entire brake system brand new
- All suspension replaced including bushes, shocks, dampeners and springs
- Engine and gearbox refurbished with all auxiliaries (starter, generator, fuel pump ect.) rebuilt or replaced. All new gaskets including milled head, new head gasket, rebuilt carb, new engine mounts, custom intake and split manifold with twin exhaust all the way through giving it a very nice raspy note.
- Diff and all wheel bearings replaced and rebuilt.
- Rechromed every piece and polished all stainless. Custom removable wheel spats.
- Every rubber seal and gasket replaced including windscreens, door seals window felts ect so no leaks.
This car can be used for weddings, shows or to add to your collection. It will not disappoint and will impress any inspection. It drives exactly as it would have in 1953 with the steering, brakes and suspension working exactly as they should. One thing of note is the glass is not the best and to be truely spot on I would look at having it replaced or polished which is something I was going to do in the future. All glass is available in Australia at reasonable cost I just have not got time to do it. Spares are easily available and at reasonable cost from the states however a large quantity of consumables and spares (eg points, oil filters, spark plugs ect) will come with the car so you will not require these for many services to come. It will come with roadworthy and I am happy to assist interstate buyers with transport. All inspections are welcome. Many more photos are available on request.
Similar to Hudson, Chevrolet, desoto, Holden, Ford, hot rod, lead sled, low rider, v8, classic, mustang, corvette, Buick, Cadillac, Chrysler, dodge, gm, gmc, Jaguar, Lincoln, Mercury, Oldsmobile, packard, Plymouth, rambler, studebaker,
- Date Listed:08/06/2019
- Last Edited:21/06/2019
- Seller Type:Private seller
- Body Type:Sedan
- Drive Train:Rear Wheel Drive
- Fuel Type:Petrol - Unleaded
- Air Conditioning:No
- Registration Number:605YKJ
- Registration Expiry:1 months - 18/09/2019
1976 PONTIAC GRAND LE MANS Sedan Classic Auto Leather Electric
1979 Pontiac transam firebird 6.6 litre
Unfinished 1986 Pontiac Firebird
1985 Pontiac Firebird
Pontiac Firebird transam
Pontiac Parisienne RHD Pillarless 1961
2011 ssv 6lt 6 speed manual
Holden commodore tinted windows, lowered suspension exhaust