TOOLBOX Slide On Pod with SOLAR: also use for CAMPING ***
Custom made in AUSTRALIA slide on camper by manufacturers of Coaches.
Its practical. Multipurpose. Built tough.
Tour of the pod: https://youtu.be/IsTHxsKX9Ks
- Two Solar panels mounted on adjustable rack with swivel function so you can face the panels for maximum sun ray collection. The panels are positioned flat on the roof when not in swivel mode.
- checkerplated and ALUMINIUM roof rack (very solid).
- Aluminium ladder for accessing the roof. See pics.
- doors on three sides that are lockable and lift up on gas struts (they double as awnings for shelter and shade. Great as you can access your things from different sides.
- Four extra large slide out lockable draws. Extra large storage area to fit whatever you like. Secure your tools and valuables while having everything at your fingertips. the locks on these are in addition to the locks on the doors.
Slide out lockable draws are 800mm x 710mm x 135mm high.
- Gas stove.
- Portable kitchen complete with sink, hooks and shelving.
Top of kitchen doubles as a games table (game pieces are included).
- End door has stainless steel pull out containers for extra storage.
- Removable tabletop you can mount for extra bench space (you can adjust the height with adjustable legs).
-One awning with side panel that goes the length of the camper. Also has canvas side panels.
- Four removable camper legs with solid jockey wheels.
- the pod is secured through the frame of pod trailer/tray into the frame of the pod so it's very secure in transit. Theres four engineered bolt holes in the frame of the pod in each corner. Four long through bolts come with the pod (the bolts go through your tray or trailer).
Anderson plugs. for fridge etc.
- Solar controller near bed. Another display mount faces the bed (displays time, temperature and percentage of solar).
- Stereo speakers and head unit with cd and radio function. Usb chargers and cigarette plug chargers.
- You can connect to mains power -theres outlets for 240v to charge laptops etc..
- Two led stick lights either side of bed (side lighting). Both are mounted and swivel for ease of use. Back light led.
- 2 x wind out windows with flyscreen mesh. Lockable.
- Powerful swivel fan great for circulating air.
- foam double mattress. Two cushions.
- curtains with backing.
- storage under the plywood. solid steel framing.
- Padded ceiling and timber hardwood features.
Autographed by "Rooty"
Things arent built like this anymore. Must be seen to be appreciated.
You could mount it to a trailer (see dimensions). Alternatively you could leave this standalone and use as mini outdoor lockable weatherproof storage shed to save on self storage.
If you want to go camping, there's no need to set up a tent and you can have your bed made up ready for you to use.
Imagine sliding this toolbox on your ute or trailer during the week and being able to use it for camping on weekends ?!
- Main area is roughly 1825mm wide x 2005mm long x 910mm high (ply floor to ceiling).
- Gap between the legs is 1885mm. See last photo for more dimensions.
- There is an overhead area with extra lockable storage. From bottom of this to the bottom of the pod is 855mm high.
- Inside the pod:
height from ply to top is 950mm. Height from ply to frame is 910mm. mattress to top is 825mm (you could get a thinner mattress if you want to increase the inside height)
**** WILL THIS FIT YOUR UTE / TRAILER ??? Should fit Utes/Trays/Trailers 1820mm wide by 2000mm long. If your tray is shorter in width or length, there may be ways you can make it work. See last photo for dimensions & details.
Best way is to come have a look and see!
- Date Listed:08/01/2019
- Last Edited:12/02/2019
Sliding Barn door hardware (does not include door)
Apricus Used solar tubes
aluminium sliding door
Hills/Endless solar Evacuated Tubes used
Wanted old house solar panels
Cedar sliding doors and cedar panneling
Prima toilet cistern