Restaurant Manager/Event Coordinator
We are a family owned and run Italian restaurant in the heart of popular restaurant area,Leichhardt. We are open 6 days a week (6 nights and 5 lunches) We have a fully operational al a carte restaurant that seats up to 150 people as well as a 2nd level function room seating approx. 100 people.
Restaurant Manager Job Purpose: Pleases customers by providing a pleasant dining experience.To manage and oversee the efficient running of shifts for all floor staff. To act as a Senior Manager and undertake Management tasks as requested by Owner.
Restaurant Manager Job Duties:
* To ensure that all guests are welcomed at the door and seated quickly in a courteous, polite and helpful manner. Attend to all guests’ requirements promptly.
* Responsible for the managing and training of all wait staff including:
- Understand the need for training and development of all individuals and to take a proactive approach in training employees on their responsibilities regarding customer service, up-selling, hygiene and OH&S.
- Managing staff rosters with in guidelines.
- Assist the restaurant owner in identifying recruitment needs
- Be actively involved in all staff related issues and to handle them in a professional manner
- Hold a staff meeting on a monthly basis and communicate important events to all employees
- Planning and executing operational procedures / tasks for each staff member (cleaning, set up, pack down etc)
- Ensure cleaning rosters are completed on weekly basis, by staff and yourself depending on business.
* To be the main face of contact to all customers, handling booking enquiries, booking confirmations, changes etc.
* To take a keen interest in the current business situation and to bring in sound ideas in regards to marketing, increasing profit, decrease spending, up selling orders and maximising guests spend where possible
* Marketing responsibilities such as maintaining social media presence; database communication; advertising and identifying new marketing ideas to increase awareness and customer acquisition (For a la carte restaurant & Function room)
* Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
* To understand the opening and closing of tables, preparing of bills for payment, moving tables, splitting tables, database build and management of back of house applications
* To communicate with Head Chef on particular guests’ requirements, and maintain a close and professional working relationship with the kitchen at all times
* To work closely with the Restaurant owner in planning each function booking including staffing, set up requirements, customer communication & running order.
* Meet restaurant financial objectives by understanding weekly/monthly budget; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Supervise operation of bar to maximise profitability, minimise legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations.
* Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What’s on offer:
* A competitive salary package
* Parking pass
* Bonus potential
* Staff meals
* Flexible working environment
Hours- 38 Hours
Skills/Qualifications: People Management, Planning, Foster Teamwork, Giving Feedback, Customer Service, Developing Budgets, Self-Motivated, Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Resolving Conflict, Verbal Communication, basic marketing skills.
- Date Listed:04/12/2019
- Last Edited:04/12/2019
- Salary Type:Annual Salary Package
- Advertised By:Private
- Job Type:Full-time