[Left Hand] Ping Anser Dalehead Putter [85029 Zip]
The head is in good nick with some little dents consistent with normal use [mostly from bumping around in a bag I'd guess] and heavy patina all over as per photos 1-4 [please note that the close up photos taken in full sun tend to exagerate every little thing]. The all important info from the back reads:- Made in USA then in the cavity No. D207227 Others Pend, Phoenix Arizona, Karsten 85029 MFG Corp.
The shaft is showing its age in that it looks okay at first glance but closer attention will reveal that there's lots of little pin hole tarnishes and a couple of slightly larger nicks. It looks a bit duller than your average shiny chrome so I suspect that someone has had a go at cleaning it up a bit. I've tried to give an indication of its condition in photo 7. There's only remnants of the shaft label, and it has the long 9.5" first step.
The Ping Putter/Golf Pride pistol grip has developed cracking as per photo 6 as they are wont to do, however I can't actually feel it whilst holding the club and the grip is firmly affixed. Since your putting stroke is nothing like the flailing that goes on with other clubs, I expect the grip will be fine for use for a while yet if you'd like to keep it original.
Things learnt whilst researching this:-
- Dalehead refers to the retention of the same shape used at Scottsdale for a while after they first moved. It retains the sloped heel and toe weights before they became squarer.
- The shafts with a long 9.5" first step had a reputation for having a better feel than those with a regular step.
- The first Anser putters were made at Scottsdale in 1966.
- The 85029 zip code suggests a 1967ish manufacture.
- The introduction of the D207227 patent number started in 1967
- The trademark ®s did not appear until the early 1970s.
- The exact wording in the cavity of this was only used on left handed Dalehead models which continued to be made for a while after the right handed Anser design changed.
Also have some other individual clubs for left handers listed separately at present.
- Inspections welcome. I won't get offended if you decide that this is not for you.
- Best to phone [three&two zero&nine seven&one eight&two] if you are keen to collect. I will respond to messages but often only get to check them late in the evening, and I don't use a mobile so please check your email for replies.
sport golf club leftie lefty classic collectable vintage
- Date Listed:24/01/2019
- Last Edited:08/02/2019
PING Anser X Putter with cover
Golf Ping Cadence TR Anser W Putter RH
PING A-BLADE PUTTER
Left handed Titleist Putter
Left Hand Putter
Ping Scottsdale Half Pipe Putter (Right Hand)
LEFT HAND LH ODYSSEY WHITE HOT #1 35" PUTTER USED COVER
LH PING i15 LEFT HAND DRIVER 9.5° 46" PROLAUNCH RED S FLEX USED
Ping "Karsten" golf clubs (left handed)
Ping Vault 2.0 KETSCH putter