Hasselblad 500C Full Working Kit (Condition Excellent)
Offering to a new custodian my Hasselblad Full Working Kit – I’ve been somewhat in denial these past few months refusing to admit my eyesight isn’t what it used to be and stubbornly refusing to wear glasses. Understandably, the benefits of a waist level viewfinder are diminished when holding the body up to one’s nose. And whilst the angled viewfinder provides greater functionality, it’s the lower angle perspective that appeals so much to me with this camera and provides such a unique look.
The camera is fully functional with accurate operation and can be described as being in excellent condition! No drop marks or dents and the leatherette is immaculate. Exposures come out perfectly according to metered readings. Both lenses are virtually mint, with no haze or fungus and smooth operation. The camera internals are very clean. The shutters all work properly. The full kit is housed in a Pelican Storm Case iM2450 with TrekPak Divider Kit.
Included within the kit (with approximate values based on condition and current eBay pricing excluding shipping and import taxes – i.e. add 10% plus on to the prices below):
- Hasselblad 500C body ($1000 - $1200)
- Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.8 lens ($1050 - $1600)
- Hasselblad lens hood ($90 - $160)
- Carl Zeiss Sonnar 150mm f4 lens ($340 - $410)
- Hasselblad Waist Level Focusing hood ($190 - $250)
- Hasselblad Angled viewfinder ($250 - $550)
- Hasselblad 1 x 120 film back functions perfectly ($160 - $290)
- Hasselblad 1 x 120 spare film back, see note below ($80 - $120)
- Hasselblad 30198 PolaPlus Magazine for Polaroid Film ($100 - $195)
- 2 x winding cranks ($35 - $65 each)
- 1 x rapid winding crank ($100 - $160)
- Carl Zeiss Softar I lens filter silver ($30 - $50)
- Carl Zeiss Softar II lens filter black ($30 - $50)
- Carl Zeiss Softar III lens filter silver ($30 - $50)
- Hasselblad 21’ extension tube ($55 - $85)
- Hasselblad 55’ extension tube ($55 - $85)
- Sekonic L308S Light Meter, with case, strap, and Lumidisc ($250 – $330)
- Pelican Storm Case iM2450 with TrekPak Divider Kit ($150 - $300)
- 14 x 120 expired film (Tri-X and Portra averages $12 each)
Total value of individual items:
- Lower end pricing $4,198 (plus taxes & shipping)
- Higher end pricing $6,183 (plus taxes & shipping)
Please note that the high-end pricing is reflective of equipment in Excellent Condition – not Mint, I’ve tried to be fair in this assessment and not look for the most expensive item for sale on eBay.
I believe the value of the kit given the condition of each item should comfortably fall somewhere in the middle around $5,200.
My listed price of $3,850 is an absolute bargain given current values.
If you have the patience to list each item individually for sale, there is potentially an easy $1,000 profit to make. However, I’d be more hopeful that it goes to someone who is keen to use it as intended (providing the confidence that when it’s time for them to pass it on they’re not going to lose their investment).
Visible cosmetic blemishes from normal use are worn paint on the top of the focusing hood, some scuff marks on the angled viewfinder and a small area of paint rubbing on the lens mount. None have any effect at all on the functionality of the camera and can be easily replaced or refurbished.
The spare film back has an issue with continuing to wind on and not recognising the end of the film. From my research this is not an uncommon problem and simply needs a service. With the other back working perfectly I’ve never gotten around to doing this.
Inspection welcome, pickup in Southbank preferred. Happy to facilitate shipping to another state at owners’ risk or with AUSPOST Insurance.
Please send your inquiry via Gumtree.
- Date Listed:04/12/2019
- Last Edited:04/12/2019
Hasselblad SWC – the Hasselblad Legend
Hasselblad A24 film back
Hasselblad H5D-50 camera and lenses
Hasselblad HCD 35-90mm f/4-5.6 Autofocus Lens
Mamiya/Sekor DSX 500 Vintage Film Camera M42 Excellent Condition
Hasselblad H5D-50c Medium Format Camera 50MP
Pentax MZ-60 camera - excellent condition
Camera cleaning kit
Nikon FM2 - excellent condition - vintage film camera