Defence/Aero- Production Manager
Your new company
This reputable International Company is building a new state-of-the-art, innovative and highly automated manufacturing facility in South West Sydney. Being experts in their industry, this new project will open up many new opportunities in engineering and manufacturing.
Your new role
As Manufacturing Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of production processes and activities including assembly line flows to build an exciting new product once materials are delivered to the production floor.
The Manager will also lead a team of Production Engineers and Assembly employees to ensure vehicles are completed on time and with quality during the ramp up in production.
- Report current Program status eg: earned value, schedule, cost of rework repair and scrap, overtime cost
- Manage cross-functional teams to achieve successful outcomes
- Provide direction, guidance, and coaching to Manufacturing Leads
- Promote a proactive approach to Safety, driving to a zero harm target
- Responsible for team outcomes of 'right first time', scrap, training facilitation and overall product quality in line with manufacturing process capabilities
- Manage effective and efficient resource allocation across the manufacturing functions of the sites operations, ensuring optimal utilisation of skilled resources to deliver quality products safely, on time and with the greatest production efficiencies.
- Ensure all activities undertaken by the Program team comply with relevant Acts, Legislation, Company Procedures and ethical standards
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience in a Production Manager role or Senior Supervisory position.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace and Industrial) or relevant discipline;
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing manufacturing engineering tasks using manufacturing methodologies and design for high-volume manufacturing/ related to major facility expansion; - - - - Practical hands-on skills for assembly of equipment and of prototype products;
- Experience in using Root Cause Analysis tools to identify root causes and prevent reoccurrence
- Flexible and open to change as the company grows
- Model flexibility and adaptability to achieve team/business objectives
- Achievement orientated and prides oneself on the achievement of effective and efficient outcomes
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an International and innovative industry leader who is offering an attractive salary package and long term career. Some interstate and overseas travel may be required.
What you need to do now If you feel your experience matches these requirements please apply online or alternatively contact Will Stewart on ********1684 or Will******@******.au for further information.
- Date Listed:14/02/2019
- Last Edited:14/02/2019
- Salary Type:Annual Salary Package
- Job Type:Full-time
Planning & Delivery CoOrdinator
Experienced Injection Moulding Die Setter
WOOD MACHINIST/JOINER/TIMBER WINDOW MANUFACTURER
Mig Welder / Sheetmetal Worker
Warehouse Manager / Store Manager
Warehouse Manager / Supervisor
Fresh Produce Warehouse Manager
Auction Manager/Truck Driver
Chocolate Warehouse Manager!