Maternity Leave contract with opportunity to transition to permanent employment after January 2021.
Your new company
Our client is a reputable and well-established Not for Profit support organisation based in Townsville, supporting the Defence community and their families.
Your new role
As a qualified Psychologist, working in a team of 6 professionals and reporting to the Senior Psychologist, you role will involve, but may not be limited to;
- Apply theoretical knowledge of trauma and/or crisis interventions in the provision of counselling, demonstrating an ability to assess for and manage trauma appropriately.
- Provide individual counselling services including administering client appointments, conduct client assessment and intake of client needs.
- Participate in advocacy activities on behalf of the client group.
- Implement a case management approach in the provision of service to the target group.
- Ensure interventions developed to address client needs are clearly linked to an appropriate treatment plan, which is continuously monitored and evaluated for effectiveness.
- Ability to assess for trauma and manage appropriately.
- Maintain confidentiality and duty of care at all times.
- Maintain appropriate client files, case notes and data as per organisational policies and procedures, legislative and funding requirements.
- Achieve the organisation's targets for caseloads and completed client sessions as designated for the program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to supervision and professional development.
- Maintain computer based diary management system to enable effective and informed client bookings.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in being shortlisted for this position, you will possess the following technical skills, personal attributes and qualifications;
- Tertiary degree qualification in Psychology
- current AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated experience, and theoretical knowledge of crisis and trauma counselling
clients in a variety of settings, for example individuals, couples, children, young people,
families and groups.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working within a case management model,
including capacity to manage complex case needs while balancing time constraints
- Knowledge and application of relevant legislation and regulations relating to trauma
- Competency with MS Office Suite
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be awarded with a competitive annual salary with additional salary packaging, work in a professional and supportive environment, as well as access to professional development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Libby Somers on ******5100 or email Lib******@******.au for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508
- Date Listed:12 hours ago
- Last Edited:12 hours ago
- Salary Type:Annual Salary Package
- Job Type:Full-time
Homestay family for Japanese students
My name is Maya
Experienced Personal Carer | New Farm
Do you Need a PERSONAL CARER? / SUPPORT WORKER?
Female Disability Support Worker
Brand New Care Provider to Australia looking for more support workers
Disability Support personnel-Indooroopilly
Disability Support Worker/ House Manager