Occupational Therapist - Charters Towers
Reputable support organisation urgently seeking an Occupational Therapist for their Charters Towers branch.
Your new company
Our client is a well-established and and reputable support organisation, currently in a period of expansion throughout North Queensland.
Your new role
Reporting to the Centre Manager, your role will be inclusive of;
- Equipment prescription and relevant clinical justification (basic equipment through to more complex specialised equipment)
- Minor and major home modification recommendations with relevant diagrams
- Recommendation of community based services
- Home safety assessments
- Equipment applications for a variety of government equipment programs
- Commensurable client assessment, intervention and report writing
- Communicating assessed needs clearly and precisely to client and funding organisation within appropriate time frames.
- Providing clients with all available options / solutions within assessment brief and funding guidelines
- Ensuring recommendations meet all legal requirements, including Australian Standards (where applicable).
- Completing relevant paperwork relating to assessments (both clinical and administrative) to a high standard, including client file case notes.
- Liaison with other community based organisations and GPs etc to ensure best practice in holistic client focused care.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, families, team members and other key stakeholders.
- Commitment to the ongoing development of the practice and its services.
- Accurately record client intervention for billing purposes.
- Provide hospital Locum OT coverage as appropriate/required.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in obtaining this opportunity, you will possess the following qualifications, technical skills and personal attributes;
- Bachelors degree in Occupational Therapy - graduates encouraged to apply!
- Occupational Therapy Australia Professional Membership (highly desirable)
- Current AHPRA registration
- Current Yellow Card
- Current 'C' Class Drivers License
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and a client-centred approach to healthcare
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to work autonomously in a complex
environment characterised by competing demands and tight timelines
- Positively contribute to team environment and support others
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be awarded with a competitive annual salary, as well as additional remuneration towards professional development. You will work within a supportive and professional working environment, and be offered career progression opportunities should you display a willingness and aptitude to develop your skill set.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Libby Somers on ******5100 or email Libby.Some******@******.au for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508
- Date Listed:22/01/2020
- Last Edited:22/01/2020
- Salary Type:Annual Salary Package
- Job Type:Full-time
Remedial Massage Therapist
cert III Individual Support- as well as Allied Health Assistance
Looking for Qualified GP for Medical Practice
You have no boss
Need an experienced personal carer
Wanted: Registered Nurse (RN)