Furniture Removalist - Wollongong
Apex Logistics Solutions is a national freight transfer service provider. We are currently seeking skilled and experienced removalists to assist in our expanding operations.
• The manual handling of household and commercial furniture and effects in and out of residential and commercial buildings, containers and storage units
• Assemble/disassemble furniture as required
• Loading and unloading of furniture and related items on and off the trucks, ensuring that all appropriate equipment, padding and ties are used for safe transit
• Complete removal/storage inventories as required
• Cleaning commercial and residential properties
• Maintaining regular condition reports for all properties carefully documenting any damages
• Assist and liaise with customers in a courteous and professional manner
• Regularly monitor stock levels for consumable supplies and place orders as necessary
• Coordinating with suppliers and placing orders
• Generating invoices and collecting payments
• Training newly inducted team members
• A current unrestricted driving license
• Furniture removal experience is a MUST
• Ability to follow verbal directions
• Ability to work well alone and with a partner or team
• Reliable and punctual with strong commitment to responsibilities
• Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines; excellent time management skills
• Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
• Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during the daily routine, with ability to stand for long lengths of time; physically able to push vacuum cleaner for extended periods of time; ability to lift at least 30-35kg
• General knowledge of cleaning products, supplies, and techniques for cleaning
• Full availability for work including evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
• Ability to use essential business software
• Supportive and inclusive culture
• Good employee benefits and entitlements
• A professional and safe working environment
• Good career progression prospects and the possibility of advancing on to administrative roles
The position would suit someone who thrives in a fast-paced and enterprising work environment.
Furthermore, the abilities to work to stringent deadlines, multi-task and perform under pressure are integral to the role.
The role may involve working long shifts and weekends. It’s imperative that candidates consider their ability to commit to a serious, time-intensive role before applying.
The business' work culture offers rapid career progression with additional incentives to reward high-performance.
- Date Listed:21/11/2020
- Last Edited:21/11/2020
- Salary Type:Hourly Rate
- Job Type:Contract