MAZDA 323 Used Car Review
The Mazda 3 is today one of the country's most popular cars, yet Australia fell in love with Mazda hatchbacks as early as 1977 with the first 323. It sold like hotcakes in 1981 when a new-generation front-wheel-drive 323 replaced the rear-drive model. There were various hatch, sedan and wagon body styles, and in the mid-1990s there was even a V6 alternative to the mainly four-cylinder line-up. A sporty SP20 model bolstered the 323's image before the model was replaced from 2004 onwards by the Mazda 3.
- Good ride comfort and handling for its time
- SP20 variant was particularly good fun to drive
- Refinement of old 2.0-litre V6
- Spare parts may be harder to come by now
- Autos only had either three or four speeds
Goulburn RegionMazda323Front Wheel DriveClear all