Mad Minis : The Crazy World of Modified Minis by Iain Ayre
To order please call or pop me a quick message through Gumtree and I will send you the link to this book on our site. Thanks.
Mad Minis takes a sideways look at the world of Minis by featuring 30 of the world's most extreme and unusual Mini-based cars. Coverage ranges from Belgian extrovert 'Mad Frank's' twin big-block V8-engined example to bike-engined Minis, including along the way an ice-racing car, a rear-engined Honda Vtec-powered example, a stretch limo, a hearse and a three-wheeler.
The humorous text provides a description of each car, technical specs and a brief explanation of how each car was built, along with a profile of the owner/builder.
● Oddball Minis: Mini-based fire engine, Mini-based bus (for carrying children), stretched Mini limo, three-wheeler.
● Different bodies: convertibles, 'woody', pick-up, off-roader. Massively modified Minis: Mike Guido's 'Minissan', Jason Neumann's 'Suicide Chop', Mark Heller's 'Orange and Juicy', Lyle Jansen's 'Turbo Triple Miniac', Rick Higgs's 'Pooh and Hunny Pot' (a yellow combo of car and Mini-shaped trailer).
● Minis with different engines (one with a Dodge V8), crazy power increases, turbocharging - and even two engines.
● Posh Minis of the past: bespoke versions by Radford, Ogle and Wolseley.
● A unique take on the popular Mini subject - wacky Minis are always among the most popular features in Mini magazines.
● Bright, modern design to suit the extrovert nature of the cars featured, making good use of the stunning colour photographs.
Format: Hardcover, 160 pages.
Date Published: 2010
Postage is $9.95
- Date Listed:08/06/2016
- Last Edited:07/12/2016
“How to Modify your Mini” (1977, David Vizard)
Collins Mini Atlas of the World
Heritage Cookbook, Margo Oliver, Iain Hewitson, Spices Food
The world of art book
The World of Chess
The World of Peter Greenaway
The Amazing Body Mini Book
Crazy Chef & Tell the time
John Dunning - Truly, Madly, Deadly & Mysterious Murders
The Raiders: The World's Elite Strike Forces