2 +more images
99 4.2td patrol
So I have just brought a new car and this old girl is just a little to heavy on juice for my daily driver. Loved taking her out bush for camping and fishing, but I now have 2 young boys and she doesn't get to go out much anymore. So because of these reasons I've decided to sell her.
She's been well loved as you can see. Definitely not a show car but she has a lot of features and a lot of character.
Starts and runs well. Not too bad on fuel (except for me as I run up and down the Calder hwy with a lot of big hills)
There are a few dings and marks around but that's not unexpected for a car of this age and usage. A little bit of paint peeling (clear coat).
* Full steel bull bar, side rails/steps and rear bar. With ladder and spare wheel carrier.
* Roof rack with shovel and jack.
* Light-bar wiring too roof (no light-bar as some p***k stole it)
* 10 inch Led spotlights wired to high-beams (May or may not come with car depending on sale price, have old lightforce xgt that can replace them)
* 2 Rear led work lights (currently not working correctly, wire loose only 1 light coming on easy fix just haven't had time)
* 12 ton warn winch with steel cable
* 40 channel gme uhf and ariel (main box hidden under dash)
* Clarion nx502a headunit. Has everything, dvd, mp3, bluetooth, gps (with hema maps) also has usb connector in the passenger console also has remote.
* Rear roof dvd player has remote and one set off headphones.
* 2 inch old man emu lift kit.
* 33 inch BFG MK2 all terrains with about 60% tread left
* Dual batteries
* Sliding rear window (Installed by previous owner, said its out off a gq but I'm not sure. Works anyway and the dog loved it)
Now I have owned this car for nearly 3 years, I have done a lot of work to it. All work has so far been done by ARB Bendigo.
So far the major things have been,
* Turbo rebuilt about 1 yr ago (This is also a larger turbo) Goes quite well, only running 12psi but turbo is quite capable of more if you wanted to go down that path.
* Front end overhaul about 6 months ago, so she handles very well.
* Rebuilt gearbox, new Xtreme heavy duty clutch with light weight flywheel put in at the same time about 1 yr ago. (old box dropped 5th and grenaded the clutch and cracked the flywheel)
* Just replaced the rear diff a few weeks ago (was old and worn getting a bit of noise)
* Replaced the auto hubs with manual ones a while ago, because the standard auto hubs are just rubbish imo.
* Last service had injectors checked and compression test completed. Came up all good.
* Replaced transfer case just after I bought it as it was slipping.
Now there are a couple of things that I know of that need attention which are,
* Front left tie rod end needs replacing.
* Rear sway bar links need replacing.
* Air compressor died last camping trip and needs replacing.
* Rocker switches need replacing (maybe even moved as I hate where they were placed by last owner). Just old and outer switches damaged.
* Aftermarket cruise control has been fitted (by previous owner) but has never worked. I really wouldn't have used it so never bothered to fix it.
* Electronic brake for towing has been fitted but never worked (according to previous owner), I have no need for it so never got around to checking or fixing it.
* Needs a new windscreen
Now I am planning on getting a few of these fixed to bring it up too roadworthy condition which would be the windscreen, front tie rod end and the rear sway bar links. These will be done sometime in the near future. It is also still registered and will sell with rego.
Inspections welcome, not allowed mobile while at work so leave a message and ill get back to you asap.
If you like 4wd's then you will know the 4.2TD are worth every $$$ so you know this girl has a lot left in her.
- Date Listed:
- Last Edited:
- Seller Type:
- Private seller
- ST (4x4)
- Body Type:
- Drive Train:
- Fuel Type:
- Air Conditioning:
- Registration Number:
- Registration Expiry: